What should I do if my vehicle breaks down on a toll road?
If your vehicle breaks down on a toll road
- Stop your vehicle in an emergency stopping lane or breakdown bay
- Switch on your hazard lights
- If safe to do so, exit the vehicle from the passenger side and wait behind a safety barrier until help arrives
- If you need to call for help, contact us using one of the emergency phones, or dial 13 33 31 from your mobile phone
If you are unable to stop in an emergency lane or breakdown bay
- Park as close to the side of the road as possible
- Turn on your hazard lights
- Exit your vehicle and wait behind a safety barrier until help arrives
- If you can't get to a barrier, and if it's safe to do so, remain in your car until help arrives
All toll roads are monitored via cameras. We will send assistance to tow your vehicle.