How do I add a car to my account after I've used a toll road?
You can cover your trips on certain toll roads* even after you've travelled. Provided it's within 7 days of the date you travelled, add the car to your account and you'll be covered.
When adding the car to your account, you'll have a choice to set a start and end date. The start date can be backdated by up to 7 days. If you travelled more than 7 days ago a toll invoice or notice will be sent to the car's registered owner.
To add a car to your account after you've driven, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Select Vehicles.
- Select Add another vehicle.
- Enter the car's details and then select Start date.
- A calendar will appear. Today's date will be highlighted. You can select dates before today's date (up to 7 days, depending on your account type).
- Set the Start time.
- A list will appear that displays what roads are eligible for backdating.
- For short term rentals or borrowed vehicles set an end date, and the vehicle will automatically be removed from your account at that time. If you're driving a rental car you should check the policy of the rental company first and follow their advice.
- Select Add vehicle to complete the process.
We'll match the licence plate to your account and any trips will be charged to your account along with a small fee for travelling without a tag.
*You can backdate your account to cover travel on CityLink and all Queensland toll roads. In NSW, account backdating is only available for travel on Eastern Distributor, Hills M2, Lane Cove Tunnel and Westlink M7. If you’ve travelled on EastLink in Victoria or Cross City Tunnel, Sydney Harbour Bridge & Tunnel, WestConnex M4, or M5 South-West Motorway in NSW, backdating is not available.
How to cover your travel when you have recently used a toll road