How do I close or transfer the account of someone who has died?
We understand that in this time of loss you need to manage the affairs of the deceased in a quick and efficient manner. We extend our condolences and our customer care team are here to work with you.
You can choose to either close the account or transfer it into another person's name.
An authorised representative of the Estate can notify us via email, phone, or mail, with any of the following documents:
- a letter confirming you are the executor or administrator of the Estate
- a letter from a trustee or solicitor administering the Estate
- a letter confirming power of attorney
- a copy of the death certificate
- a copy of the death notice
Alternatively, you can act on behalf of an account holder if you are an authorised customer contact on the account.
When notifying us please include:
- your name
- the account number of the deceased
- a copy of one of the documents listed above (if you are not an authorised contact on the account)
- your preferred method of contact (phone, email or mail)
- your instruction to have the account closed or to transfer ownership (if transferring the account a death certificate is required).
Any billing or direct debit arrangements will be cancelled as soon as we commence processing your request.
Send back any tags
After you've notified us, please post back any tags associated with the account.
Linkt Sydney Return Tags
Reply Paid 90285
Linkt Brisbane Return Tags
Reply Paid 91206
Linkt Melbourne Return Tags
Reply Paid 87295
Please include your:
- full name
- account number
- bank details
If for any reason you can't return the tags, please advise us.
What happens next?
After you've provided the required information and returned any tags associated with the account, our customer care team will process the request and issue a refund cheque (where applicable) to the Estate.
If required, we may contact you via your preferred method to help complete the request.
If you've requested to transfer the account, we'll send you transfer documents to sign to take ownership of the account. Please allow 7 business days for this transfer to be completed.
What if I don't have authority to act?
Please contact our customer care team for help gaining authority to act.